Imagine walking down the aisle of a medieval Great Hall, or sitting down to your wedding banquet where Shakespeare has performed, and where Kings and Queens have feasted in centuries past. Open your eyes, as at St. Mary’s Guildhall this is the very real experience of the many delighted couples who have chosen this unique historic venue for their special day.
Civil ceremonies can be held in a choice of three historic rooms of differing sizes, each with its own distinctive character to create just the right atmosphere, whilst a range of versatile venues, from the vaulted Undercroft to the magnificent Great Hall, are available for wedding breakfasts and receptions, with capacity for up to 180 guests. The picturesque courtyard makes a fine setting for welcome drinks and photographs, whilst the Great Hall includes a permanent raised stage for top table and entertainments. Arrangements can even be made for bells to be rung from the neighbouring cathedral spire!
With many years of experience in delivering wonderful weddings and high profile events, our friendly team will guide you through every step, providing an exceptionally personal service to ensure your wedding day meets and exceeds all expectations.
Contact us to arrange a visit or to find out more, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
• So much more than a room – a unique and enchanting historic setting for your special day
• Available for your full wedding day, or for a ceremony only in one of three distinctive ceremony venues
• A friendly, dedicated and experienced team to guide you through every step
• Prestigious city centre location within walking distance of city hotels and transport hubs
• Extensive menu and wine options, or freedom to discuss a bespoke catering package
• Special offers and late availability deals